Job Title: School of Management Instructors, Business Computer Applications
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: School of Management
Subject Area: Business Computer Applications in the LSM Diploma, BBA, and PDD Programs
Description of Position: The Langara School of Management (LSM) is recruiting Instructors for the following Business Computer Application courses: Business Computer Applications I, BCAP 1200 (https://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/courses/BCAP/1200.html).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Langara School of Management, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College
- Either an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree in business or commerce
- A master’s degree in a related field
- 5 years of professional experience, including expertise in using all tools in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of computer hardware, operating systems, security and networking concepts
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred, ideally in the subject of the above course
Length of appointment: Initially a term appointment, but may continue depending on the demand for courses.
Start Date: May 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F003-19
Deadline: February 5, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.