Job Title: Instructor, Personal Financial Planning
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Financial Management and Business Computer Applications
Description of Position: We are seeking an instructor to teach FMGT 2500 - Financial Planning 2 in the Financial Services Diploma.
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in a related field OR a Canadian accounting designation (CPA-CA, CPA-CGA or CPA-CMA) with membership in good standing (proof required).
- AND One of Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Personal Financial Planner (PFP) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- 5 years of professional experience selling and advising financial services products at institutions such as banks, credit unions or independent wealth management firms.
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Financial Management and Business Computer Applications department, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College
Length of Appointment: Initially a term appointment, but may continue depending on the demand for courses. Initial term: January 1 to April 30, 2018
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F056-17
Deadline: September 18, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.