INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time (1/16 FTE)
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Interdisciplinary Studies Department
Subject Area: PCCN 1202 Peace and Conflict Resolution
Description of Position:
One part time position to teach Peace and Conflict Studies. This section (3 weeks instructional) demands a deep understanding of international relations through a Peace and Conflict Studies paradigm. The section discusses a selection of contemporary issues in the international arena whlle exploring the connection between conflict at the interstate and interpersonal levels.
- Master’s degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, Peace Studies or related field.
- Extensive education in non-violent conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated post-secondary teaching ability.
- A commitment to and demonstrated ability to work In a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Experience in applying models of non-violent, collaborative dispute resolution or conflict resolution in real-world contexts.
- Availability to teach Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30-5 pm. This section will run for 3 weeks in January 2018
Length of appointment: January 1, 2020 to April 30, 2022
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
For information regarding this position, please contact Jennifer Knapp, Chair, IDS email@example.com
Competition No.: F066-19
Deadline: October 17, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.