Job Title: Instructor(s)
Full Time/Part Time: multiple sections of work are available
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Nutrition and Food Service Management
Description of Position: The Nutrition Management department continues to expand its course offerings for the fall semester and is looking for instructors to teach
- FSRV 4324: Quantity Food Production for students in the CSNM accredited Nutrition and Food Service Management Program, and the general student population. It is a completely online course.
- NUTR 1100: Introduction to Nutrition – for students in the general population. It is given in a mixed mode format and meets on Mondays from 1230-1420
Course content and learning outcomes are established for the course. The instructor will be responsible for updating content, preparing lectures as needed, drafting and marking assignments/quizzes/examinations, holding on campus office hours, and communicating with students through email regarding the course material. In addition to the teaching responsibilities, the instructor will also be expected to be available to participate in departmental activities and meetings.
- Full Registrant with the College of Dietitians of BC. Eligible for membership with Dietitians of Canada.
- Preference given to those with a master’s degree in a related field. Must have a Dietetics degree.
- 5 years of professional experience directly related to the relevant course(s)
- Experience should include administrative or clinical dietetic positions or extensive consulting work.
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred, ideally in the subject areas of the above courses
- Familiarity with an online learning environment would be an asset.
- Strong computer and communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Nutrition Management Department, and the College
Length of appointment: September 1- December 31, 2018.
There is the possibility of additional work in subsequent semesters subject to demand.
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F049-18
Deadline: June 15, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
For further information regarding this opportunity please contact Monica Molag, at firstname.lastname@example.org..