Job Title: Instructor, Nursing
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: The Faculty of Nursing of the Langara College offers Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Advance- Entry BSN (AEBSN) and post-degree diploma (PDD) for Internationally-Educated Nurses (IEN) programs. The Faculty of Nursing has over 100 faculty members and staff who are committed to providing excellent and team-based education to student nurses in classroom, laboratory and practice settings.
Description of Position: Temporary faculty positions are available. Faculty are responsible for: delivering instruction using various teaching strategies; student evaluation; holding on-campus office hours; and participating in team and faculty meetings.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field. Applicants with a BSN may be considered with limitation.
- Five years of nursing practice. Canadian experience preferred
- Demonstrated post-secondary teaching experience preferably in an academic institution
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and to supporting student learning
- Ability and willingness to contribute in Faculty of Nursing meetings and initiatives
- Able and willing to travel to assigned clinical practice sites
- Skillful in the use of computers and other AV equipment
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Current and active British Columbia College of Nurse Professionals (BCCNP) registration
- Current CPR (HCP or BLS) certification
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for: the preparation and delivery of course materials; supporting student learning; and student evaluation
- Seek out and adhere to relevant procedures/ policies of Langara College and Faculty of Nursing
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and the nursing profession
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends & issues
- Ensure effective use of available class, practice and/or lab time
- Maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Build and maintain positive working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- Participate actively in program or course design and review as needed
- Be a positive and active contributor to the nursing programs and Faculty of Nursing initiatives
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Competition No.: F010-19
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter to “Apply Here”.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.