Job Title: Instructor, Modern Languages
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Modern Language
Subject Area: Japanese Language
Description of Position:
A position as a Japanese language instructor. Currently available are two sections of Japanese 1115 (Beginner’s Japanese 1) for the spring 2019 semester.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Japanese language, linguistics, or related field in which the candidate has specialized in the teaching of a foreign or second language.
- A minimum of two-year experience teaching Japanese at the college or university level. Applicants should have knowledge and ability to teach Japanese grammar, composition and oral communication skills from beginners to advanced levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to participate actively in departmental and college administrative tasks.
- A strong ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Native or near native level of fluency in Japanese
- Ability to work with educational technologies used in language instruction and learning, and curriculum development: word processing, PowerPoint, Spread Sheet, applications used with mobile devices, online media, etc.
- Knowledge about class management such as BrightSpace.
Length of appointment: Recruiting for spring 2019. Initially a term appointment but may lead to additional work in the department.
Start Date: December 1, 2018, teaching begins January 2, 2019.
salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F078-18
Deadline: November 12, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.