Job Title: Instructor
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Modern Languages
Description of Position
The position of Spanish instructor requires the planning, teaching, and grading of introductory through advanced-intermediate Spanish courses. Currently available are three sections of SPAN 1115, Beginner’s Spanish I, for the Fall 2017 semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates should have substantial experience in the following areas:
- Teaching Spanish grammar to non-native speakers
- Working with current educational technologies used in language instruction and learning
- Working closely and collegially with others in an instructional environment
- Engaging students while effectively managing classroom conduct
Furthermore, the successful candidate will be expected to attend all department meetings, contribute to committees and engage in the cultural and intellectual life of the Department of Modern Languages and Langara College.
- A minimum M.A. degree in Spanish
- Experience teaching Spanish grammar at the post-secondary level
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Spanish
Length of appointment: September 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
Hours & Days of Work: Courses offered Monday – Thursday between 8:30 – 2:30pm
Start Date: September 1, 2017
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the deadline to “Apply Here”.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Stacey Collins, Department Chair, at email@example.com
Competition No.: F025-17
Deadline: May 5, 2017.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.