Job Title: Instructor, Mathematics & Statistics
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Department/Program: Mathematics & Statistics
Subject Area: Mathematics
Description of Position:
We are looking for an instructor with previous teaching experience and demonstrated ability to teach mathematics. Candidate will be expected to teach first-year Calculus, with possible lower level courses. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Langara College is dedicated to excellence in teaching and offers a dynamic and collegial work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching Intermediate Algebra, Pre-calculus algebra, first-year Calculus
- Making contribution to departmental initiatives
- Being able to work with culturally diverse group of students
- Master's degree in mathematics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to departmental initiatives.
- Previous teaching experience with demonstrated ability to teach first and second-year university transfer courses in mathematics including applications in economics and business.
- Prefer to have knowledge of some mathematical software, especially Maple.
Length of appointment: January 01, 2019 to April 30, 2019
Start Date: January 01, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F066-18
Deadline: August 31, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.