Job Title: Instructor, Mathematics & Statistics
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Department/Program: Mathematics & Statistics
Subject Area: Statistics
Description of Position:
We are looking for an instructor with previous teaching experience and demonstrated ability to teach statistics. Candidate will be expected to teach introductory statistics and some probability and applied statistics topics. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Langara College is dedicated to excellence in teaching and offers a dynamic and collegial work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching introductory statistics courses
- Leading demonstration of statistical software (StatGraphics, R, SPSS, MINITAB etc.) in computer lab sessions
- Making contribution to departmental initiatives
- Being able to work with culturally diverse group of students
- A minimum of a master's degree in statistics
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Previous teaching experience with demonstrated ability to teach first and second-year university transfer courses in statistics including applications in economics and business
- Experience working with culturally diverse group of students is a bonus
Length of appointment: January 01, 2019 to April 30, 2018
Start Date: January 01, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F065-18
Deadline: November 1, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.