Job Title: Instructor, Mathematics & Statistics
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time (.25 FTE - .5 FTE)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Mathematics & Statistics
Subject Area: Up to 2nd Year Mathematics
Description of Position:
We are looking for an instructor with previous teaching experience and demonstrated ability to teach mathematics. The Langara College Department of Mathematics and Statistics is dedicated to excellence in teaching and offers a dynamic and collegial work environment.
- Master's degree in mathematics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to departmental initiatives.
- Previous teaching experience required with demonstrated ability to teach first and second year university transfer courses in mathematics (from calculus to linear algebra including applications in business, economics, social science, science, and engineering), and pre-calculus mathematics.
Length of appointment: September 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F039-18
Deadline: June 4, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.