Job Title: Instructor, Langara School of Management
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
The Langara School of Management (LSM) offers six diplomas, four bachelor degrees, and three post-degree diplomas (https://langara.ca/departments/langara-school-of-management/program-info/index.html ). The LSM has over 90 faculty members and staff that work diligently as a team to maintain high instructional and ethical standards. The LSM team provides students with applied opportunities inside the classroom and external learning and networking events outside the classroom.
Subject Area: Business Presentation Skills and Negotiation Skills
Description of Position:
The Langara School of Management (LSM) Business Management & International Business Department is recruiting an Instructor to teach BUSM 1500 (Business Presentation Skills) and BUSM 4820 (Negotiation Skills).
Course content and learning outcomes are established for all courses. The instructor is responsible for developing and delivering lectures, drafting, and marking assignments/quizzes/examinations, holding on-campus office hours, and communicating with students regarding the course material. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the instructor is expected to be available for departmental activities and meetings.
Unless otherwise specified, courses are delivered on-campus.
All candidates are requested to review the course description (https://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/courses/BUSM/1500.html and https://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/courses/BUSM/4820.html ).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the preparation and delivery of lecture material; the design, set-up, and delivery of group and individual activities; and the preparation, delivery, and grading of assignments and exams
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Langara School of Management, the Faculty of Management, and the College
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all interactions with students
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a related field
- Both an undergraduate degree and graduate degree, one at least in business or commerce
- 5 years of professional experience directly related to the course
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred, ideally in the subject area of the course
Length of appointment: Initially a term appointment but may continue depending on the demand for courses.
For Spring Term: January 1, 2019 to April 30, 2019
Start Date: January 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F098-18
Deadline: December 4, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.