Job Title: Instructor, Langara School of Management
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Langara College is one of BC's leading undergraduate institutions providing University Studies, Career Studies, and Continuing Studies programs and courses to more than 21,000 students annually. The Langara School of Management is committed to teaching more than just theory and provides students hands-on business experience to ensure they are career-ready when they graduate. Our programs are academically rigorous, real-world based and our curriculum is developed with the input and guidance of industry mentors and delivered by industry-experienced instructors.
The Langara School of Management (LSM) offers six diplomas, four bachelor degrees, and three post-degree diplomas (https://langara.ca/departments/langara-school-of-management/program-info/index.html ). The LSM has over 90 faculty members and staff that work diligently as a team to maintain high instructional and ethical standards. The LSM team provides students with applied opportunities inside the classroom and external learning and networking events outside the classroom.
Subject Area: Management Issues in International Business
Description of Position:
The Langara School of Management (LSM) Business Management & International Business Department is recruiting an Instructor to teach INTB 3100 / 4810 (Management Issues in International Business).
Course content and learning outcomes are established for all courses. The instructor is responsible for developing and delivering lectures, drafting, and marking assignments/quizzes/examinations, holding on-campus office hours, and communicating with students regarding the course material. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the instructor is expected to be available for departmental activities and meetings.
This course is being offered during the daytime.
Unless otherwise specified, courses are delivered on-campus.
All candidates are requested to review the course description (https://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/courses/INTB/3100.html)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the preparation and delivery of lecture material; the design, set-up, and delivery of group and individual activities; and the preparation, delivery, and grading of assignments and exams
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approache
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Langara School of Management, the Faculty of Management, and the College
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all interactions with students
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a related field
- Both an undergraduate degree and graduate degree, one at least in business or commerce
- 5 years of professional experience directly related to the course
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred, ideally in the subject area of the course
Length of appointment: September 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
Initially a term appointment but may continue depending on the demand for courses.
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F032-19
Deadline: June 18, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.