Job Title: Instructor, Introduction to Journalism
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time (.25 FTE)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Description of Position:
Instructor for one full section of Introduction to Journalism, or 4 hours of class time, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 1:30 – 3:20 pm. This is a Regular Studies course open to the general student population but receives credit in the Journalism Diploma program. This is an academic course covering the history of news, current issues in the news, and exercises in critical thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Journalism Department, the Faculty of Creative Arts & Industries, and the College
Master’s degree and previous teaching experience at a post-secondary school level, and at least 5 years working in mainstream media.
Length of appointment: January 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019
Start Date: January 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F053-18
Deadline: June 26, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.