INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: Instructor, Latin American Studies (IDS)
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Latin American Studies in the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
Description of Position: One part-time position to teach ¼ of Latin American Studies 1100: Introduction to Latin America. This is a team-taught over-view course that covers Latin American history from pre-Columbian times to the present. Instruction will take place within the Summer intercession (May-June) and Fall terms (September-December). We are seeking a candidate who can cover material from prior to conquest and into the colonial era, with a special emphasis on the Maya, Inca and Aztec.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in related field is required
- A sound knowledge of the history of Latin America from pre-conquest through to the colonial era is required
- Ability to work as part of a team is required
- Ability to attend program meetings and be an active member of the Latin American Studies program is required
- Willingness to incorporate participatory learning is required
- Demonstrated post-secondary teaching experience related to course content is preferred
- A working knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese is an asset
Length of appointment: ongoing
Part-Time, Fraction (1/16) of Full-Time Regular
Start Date: May 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F013-18
Deadline: March 22, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.