Job Title: Instructor, History, Latin and Political Science
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time (50% of Full-Time)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: History, Latin and Political Science
Description of Position: HLPS seeks a qualified candidate to teach HIST 1115 (Modern History 1900 - 1939)
Instruction: HIST 1115 Lect: 1230-1420 (Mon. & Wed; double section)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of History, Latin and Political Science, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College.
- M.A. in History.
- Teaching and/or research experience on the history of the world during the period from 1900 to 1939 C.E.
- Teaching and/or research experience on the causes, nature, impact and aftermath of the First World War.
Length of appointment: September to December
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date.
Competition No.: F002-18
Deadline: March 23, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.