INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: Instructor, History, Latin, and Political Science
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Department of History, Latin, and Political Science
Subject Area: History and Latin
Description of Position:
HLPS seeks a qualified candidate to teach HIST 2211: Ancient Rome (1/4 FTE) and LATN 1101: Latin and Greek Roots of English (1/4 FTE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for consultation.
- Where appropriate, use the college’s Learning Management system (Brightspace by D2L) to support instruction.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of History, Latin, & Political Science, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Community Programs, and the college.
- Master's Degree (minimum) in Classical Studies, Classics, or Classical Archaeology.
- Post-secondary teaching experience related to the subject area.
- Available to teach MW 16:30-18:20 and TR 14:30-16:20
Length of appointment: January 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F050-19
Deadline: September 5, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.