Job Title: Instructor, History, Latin and Political Science
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Posting Type: External
Department/Program: History, Latin and Political Science Department
Subject Area: History, Latin and Political Science
Description of Position: HLPS seeks a qualified candidate to teach HIST 1123 (History of the Late Medieval World)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Where appropriate, use the college’s Learning Management System (Brightspace by D2L) to support instruction.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of History, Latin & Political Science, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Community Programs, and the College.
- Ph.D. in History (preferred) or M.A. in History (minimum requirement)
- Teaching and/or research experience on the history of Europe and surrounding regions during the period from 1000 to 1500 C.E.
Length of appointment: September 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F021-19
Deadline: March 29, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.