Full Time/Part Time: Full time or Part time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department: Health Sciences
- Non-communicable diseases
- Epidemiology/Canadian Health Care System/Public Health/Medical Ethics
Description of Position(s): A temporary full time, or several temporary part time positions are available for candidates who are interested in teaching Health Sciences courses, including Perspectives on Cancer, Cardiovascular, and Metabolic Diseases (HSCI 2211), Foundations in Health Sciences (HSCI 1130), and An Introduction to Human Sexuality and Behavior (HSCI 1120).
- We are seeking candidates who have extensive training and knowledge (at the graduate level) in non-communicable diseases, epidemiology, ethics in health care, public health issues as well as the Canadian health care system.
- The minimum qualification for these positions is an M.Sc. degree in Health Sciences/Public Health/Epidemiology, or a related discipline. A Ph.D. is preferred.
- Post-secondary teaching experience and research and working experience in these specific areas would an asset.
- Familiarity with regulations in Canadian health research is important.
- The applicants’ selection priority will be in accordance with the letter of understanding (LOU) governing work position. This applies to internal applicants only.
Length of appointment: First time hires can also expect one month of preparatory time before classes begin. Four sections is considered a full time load. These positions are subject to student enrollments.
Start Date: January 2, 2019 to May 31, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Appointment Details: Temporary, Full time or part time
The allocation of the topics to be taught will follow a prescribed curriculum.
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F079-18
Deadline: October 18, 2018
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Dr. Ken Naumann, Department Chair, Health Sciences: email@example.com
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.