Job Title: Instructor, Health Sciences
Full Time/Part Time: Temporary, Part Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department: Health Sciences
Subject Areas: Epidemiology/Canadian Health Care System/Public Health/Medical Ethics,
Drugs and Society; Human Sexuality and Behaviour; Global Health
Description of Positions:
Several part-time temporary positions are available for candidates who are interested in teaching one or more of several different Health Sciences courses, including Foundations in Health Sciences (HSCI 1130), Drugs and Society (HSCI 1180), an Introduction to Human Sexuality and Behavior (HSCI 1120), and or Global Perspectives of Health (HSCI 1160).
- We are seeking candidates who have extensive training and knowledge (at the graduate level) in: epidemiology, ethics in health care, public health issues as well as the Canadian health care system, and or one or more of the following areas: drug addictions and their social and biological impacts, human sexuality and behavior, and public health and health programming at the international level.
- The minimum qualification for these positions is an M.Sc. degree in Health Sciences/Public Health/Epidemiology, or a related discipline. A Ph.D. is preferred.
- Post-secondary teaching experience and research and working experience in these specific areas would an asset.
- Familiarity with regulations in Canadian health research is important.
- The applicants’ selection priority will be in accordance with the letter of understanding (LOU) governing work position. This applies to internal applicants only.
- The courses will run from Sept. 4, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2018. First time hires can also expect one month of preparatory time before classes begin. Four sections is considered a full time load. These positions are subject to student enrollments.
Salary placement is based on the Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Appointment Details: Temporary, Part-time
The allocation of the topics to be taught will follow a prescribed curriculum.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F041-18
Deadline: June 7, 2018
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Dr. Ken Naumann, Department Chair, Health Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org