Job Title: Instructor
Full Time/Part Time: One full-time and one part-time (.75 FTE)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Health Sciences - Epidemiology/Canadian Health Care System/Public Health/Medical Ethics, Perspectives on Cancer, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, Drugs and Society
Description of Position:
A full and a part-time (3/4) temporary position are available for 2 candidates who are interested in teaching three or four sections of two different Health Sciences courses: Perspectives on Cancer, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases (HSCI 2211), Foundations in Health Sciences (HSCI 1130), and Drugs and Society (HSCI 1180). We are seeking candidates who have extensive training and knowledge (at the graduate level) in: epidemiology, ethics in health care, public health issues as well as the Canadian health care system, and at least one of the other two areas listed above, i.e., cancer, cardiovascular, and metabolic diseases and their social impacts, or drug addictions and their social and biological impacts.
- The minimum qualification for these positions is an M.Sc. degree in Health Sciences/Public Health/Epidemiology, or a related discipline. A Ph.D. is preferred.
- Post-secondary teaching experience and research and working experience in these specific areas would an asset.
- Familiarity with regulations in Canadian health research is important.
- The applicants’ selection priority will be in accordance with the letter of understanding (LOU) governing work position. This applies to internal applicants only.
- The courses will run from Sept. 4, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2018. First time hires can also expect one month of preparatory time before classes begin. Four sections is considered a full time load. These positions are subject to student enrollments.
Length of appointment: September 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F026-18
Deadline: May 16, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.