Job Title: Instructor, Gerontology
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time, fraction (25%) of Full-time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Department of Social Services - GERONTOLOGY PROGRAM
Description of Position:
The Department of Social Services at Langara College launched a two-year diploma program in Gerontology in September 2018.
The successful applicant will work as a member of the Social Services Department, teaching GERO 2200 Advanced Practice with Older Adults to students in the Diploma in Gerontology program.
A description of the courses in the program can be found here:
The course is currently scheduled for Fridays 9:30 am to 12:20 pm.
There is potential for additional work in the Department of Social Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and delivery of curriculum.
- Maintaining office hours and availability to consult with students;
- Evaluating student performance;
- Attending meetings both internally in the College and externally in the community;
- Working within the context of the policies and procedures of Langara College, the Department of Social Services, and the British Columbia Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Social Work;
- Eligible for Registration with the College of Social Workers of BC;
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of Gerontology.
- Minimum 5 years post-Masters experience in social work practice;
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience in public post-secondary institution(s);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Relevant involvement in the community;
- Knowledge of community resources;
- Basic computer literacy
Length of appointment: January 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: To apply, please visit our website at www.langara.ca and select “Employment Opportunities”.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Janet Douglas, Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition No.: F077-19
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Posted on October 18, 2019
Distribution: Human Resources, L.F.A., Deans’ Office