Job Title: Instructor, Geography and Geology
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time (1/4 of Full-Time)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Geography and Geology
Description of Position: The Geography department seeks a qualified candidate to teach GEOG 1150 (Geography of BC) in the spring semester with the possibility of a second geography course
Instruction: GEOG 1150 Geography of British Columbia (Tues. & Thurs; 1430 - 1620)
Required Qualifications: GEOG 1150
- Minimum M.A. in human geography.
- Post-secondary teaching in human geography
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of Geography and Geology, the Faculty of Social Sciences, and the College.
Length of appointment:
- January to April (four months)
- Part-Time (25% of full-time with the possibility of half time)
Start Date: January 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: To apply, send your resume and cover letter no later than 5:00pm of the closing date, quoting competition #F096-18 in the subject line of your email
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Colin Mills, Department Chair, Geography and Geology (email@example.com).
Competition No.: F096-18
Deadline: November 19, 2018