Job Title: Instructor, Geography and Geology
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time (1/4)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Geography and Geology
Description of Position: The Geography department seeks a qualified candidate to teach GEOG 1120 (Regional Geography of Canada) in the spring semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- Maintain office hours.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of Geography and Geology, the Faculty of Social Sciences, and the College.
Required Qualifications: GEOG 1120
- Minimum M.A. in human geography.
- Post-secondary teaching in human geography
Length of appointment:
- January to April (four months)
- Part-Time (25% of full-time)
Instruction: GEOG 1120 Regional Geography of Canada (Tuesdays 6:30pm – 9:20pm)
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Deadline: June 11, 2019
Posted on: May 29, 2019