Job Title: Instructor, Geography and Geology
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Geography and Geology Department
Subject Area: Geography and Geology
Description of Position: The Geography department seeks a qualified candidate to teach 1 section of GEOG 1190 (Physical Geography: Geomorphology) in the 2019 summer semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of Geography and Geology, the Faculty of Social Sciences, and the College.
- Minimum M.Sc. in physical geography.
- Post-secondary teaching in physical geography is preferred.
Length of appointment: May 01, 2019 – August 31, 2019
Start Date: May 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F022-19
Deadline: April 1, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.