Job Title: Instructor, Film Arts
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time (25% of Full-Time)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Film Arts
Description of Position:
The department is seeking an instructor to teach one section of the FLMA 1180/81/82 film classes:
- FLMA 1180 Film Production for the Actor
- FLMA 1181 Film Production for the Writer
- FLMA 1182 Film Production for the Director
The qualified candidate should have:
- An MFA in Film Directing and preferably Writing
- 5 year’s experience teaching at the post-secondary level in a film school or it’s equivalent.
- Produced a feature film which have had a release and or broadcast
- Knowledge of set protocols and crew positions and their responsibilities
The work includes:
- Five hours of class time per week
- Lectures, demonstrations and providing guidance as students work on projects
- Leading critique and one-on-one feedback
- Participating in departmental activities such as meetings, grad show support, and on set visits
- Weekly office hours
- Master’s Degree in Film Directing and preferably Writing
- Minimum of 5 years teaching at post secondary level in a film school or its equivalent.
Length of appointment: January 1, 2018, to April 30, 2018.
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 pm of the closing date.
Competition No.: F078-17
Deadline: November 27, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.