Job Title: Film Acting Instructor, Film Arts
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time (25% FTE)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Film Arts
Description of Position:
Instructing of students in Advanced Acting Techniques for film. The instructor is responsible for: teaching advanced classes covering the duties of the Actor on a film set, sophisticated camera awareness, blocking, rehearsing, acting exercises, scene study, script analysis and the creation of demo tapes.
- Minimum of 20 years professional experience as an Actor in film and Television
- A minimum of 10 Lead and/or Supporting Lead Roles in Feature Film or Television
- A Member in good standing of UBCP, ACTRA
- Teaching experience in film and theatre acting techniques
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Length of appointment: May 1, 2018 to August 31, 2018
Start Date: May 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F011-18
Deadline: March 8, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.