Full Time/Part Time: Part-time (1/9 FTE)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Environmental Studies, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
Description of Position:
Temporary instructional position (1/9 FTE) required to teach a portion of ENVS 2470 – Field School. As this is a team-taught course, applicants must be willing and able to teach in a team environment, in regard to the development of course assignments, lectures, evaluation of student work, and the field component of the course.
- Master's Degree in an applied environmentally related subject area, in the field of Chemistry or Environmental Science.
- Post-secondary teaching experience related to the subject area required. In addition, fieldwork experience relative to the subject area preferred.
- Available to teach for a period of 4 to 5 weeks, for 2 hours once a week, with the exact teaching period to be determined.
- Available to teach in the seven-day field portion of the course, to be scheduled immediately following the completion of the Spring 2020 final exam period. This portion of the course is delivered outdoors, in a field camp setting.
- An up to date Occupational First Aid Level One certification is required
- A valid BC driver’s license.
- Experience using educational technology is an asset.
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Andrew Egan, Coordinator, Environmental Studies Program, IDS at 604-323-5714 or email@example.com
Competition No.: F067-19
Deadline: October 17, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.