INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: Instructor, Environmental Studies (IDS)
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Environmental Studies, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
Subject Area: ENVS 2100 - Applied Environmental Studies: CityStudio
Description of Position:
Two temporary instructional positions (1/8 FTE each) required to teach a portion of ENVS 2100 - Environmental Problems and Solutions. As this is a team-taught course, applicants must be willing and able to teach in a team environment, in regard to the development and implementation of the major course assignment, integration of lectures to reflect course content and themes, and grading of course assessments.
- Master's Degree and expertise in an environmentally related subject area.
- Post-secondary teaching experience related to the subject area.
- Available to teach for a period of 6 to 7 weeks, for 2 hours twice a week, (W, F 12:30 -14:20) as well as on 1 or more field trips.
- Experience using D2L and other educational technology would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the City of Vancouver's Greenest City Action Plan 2020 or Healthy City Strategy and/or CityStudio would be an asset.
Length of appointment: September 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F058-18
Deadline: July 19, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.