INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: Instructor, Environmental Studies
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time (1/8 FTE)
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Environmental Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies
Description of Position:
Two temporary instructional positions (1/8 FTE each) required to teach a portion of ENVS 2100 - Environmental Problems and Solutions. As this is a team-taught course, applicants must be willing and able to teach in a team environment, in regard to the development and implementation of the major course assignment, integration of lectures to reflect course content and themes, and grading of course assessments.
- Master's Degree and expertise in an environmentally related subject area.
- Post-secondary teaching experience related to the subject area.
- Available to teach for a period of 6 to 7 weeks, for 2 hours twice a week, as well as on 1 or more field trips, with the exact teaching period to be determined.
- Experience using D2L and other educational technology would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the City of Vancouver's Greenest City Action Plan 2020 or Healthy City Strategy and/or CityStudio would be an asset.
Length of appointment: September 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
Start Date: September 1, 2017
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Katrina Erdos, Coordinator, Environmental Studies Program, IDS at 604-323-5907 or email@example.com
Competition No.: F021-17
Deadline: April 20, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.