Job Title: Instructor, English
Full Time/Part Time: On-Call, Part Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Subject Area: English & Business Communications
Description of Position:
The position of English instructor requires the planning, teaching, and grading of English courses. Candidates should have substantial experience in at least two of the following four areas:
- First and second year university transfer courses, teaching composition and literature
- Academic preparation courses for ESL and first language speakers
- Workplace communications courses
- Online courses
Furthermore, instructors are expected to attend all department meetings, contribute to committees, and engage in the intellectual life of the department.
- A minimum M.A. degree in English
- Three years of experience teaching ESL and/or English language and/or English literature and/or workplace communications in a post-secondary setting (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
Length of appointment: Temporary appointments will be initially for one semester, part-time or full-time, depending on the needs of the department.
Start Date: On-call, with possibility of work starting January 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F067-18
Deadline: September 17, 2018
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Kina Cavicchioli, Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.