Job Title: Instructor, Education Assistant
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time 1/4 workload with the possibility of additional work
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Education Assistant Program
Description of Position:
The successful applicant will work as a member of the Education Assistant Department teaching the Supporting Teamwork course to students in the Education Assistant Certificate program. This course is scheduled on Thursdays from 9:00 to 11:20 and from 12:30 to 14:50 hrs. There is the possibility of other work.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Education Assistant department, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Community Programs, and the College
- Preparation and delivery of curriculum
- Evaluating student performance
- Ensuring effective use of available class time
- Ensuring there are opportunities to meet with students during office hours
- Attending meetings, both internally in the College and externally in the community
- Working within the context of the policies and procedures of Langara College
- Minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- Five years minimum public school teaching experience with students having special needs
- Individual must be very familiar with the Education Assistant Program curriculum so they are able to evaluate student performance based on the learning outcomes
- Preference is given to individuals who have taught in a similar program in a credit-granting post-secondary program
Length of appointment: Four Months (One Semester)
Start Date: Sept 1, 2019. (New Langara employees receive an additional month for preparation.)
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F047-19
Deadline: July 17, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.