Job Title: Instructor, Economics
Full Time/Part Time: Part time (25% of full time)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Description of Position:
The Economics department is seeking an instructor to teach ECON 4810 – Introduction to Macroeconomics in the Fall 2019 semester (September). The work is for one section of 30 students who are all enrolled in the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting. Course schedule is Monday and Wednesday, from 2:30pm to 4:20pm (plus regular office hours).
The instructor will be responsible for developing and delivering lectures, drafting and marking assignments/quizzes/examinations, and communicating with students through email regarding the course material. In addition to the teaching responsibilities, the instructor will be expected to be available to participate in departmental activities and meetings.
- PhD in Economics (preferred), Master's degree in Economics (minimum requirement).
- Demonstrated post-secondary teaching experience.
- Demonstrated mastery of the relevant curriculum
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse group of students.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends and issues.
- Ensure effective use of available class time and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Where appropriate, use the college’s Learning Management System (Brightspace by D2L) to support instruction
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review; departmental initiatives.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of Economics, the Faculty of Social Sciences, and the College.
Length of appointment: September 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and experience, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F027-19
Deadline: May 31, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.