Job Title: Instructor, Early Childhood Education
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Early Childhood Education
Description of Position:
- Develop a new online “Child Growth and Development” course for the Early Childhood Education Certificate program
- Put existing courses online for students in the Early Childhood Education Certificate program
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and /or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Maintain collegial working relationships and be a positive and active contributor to the Early Childhood Education department, the Faculty of Social Sciences and Management, and the College.
- Knowledge about and experience teaching child growth and development courses
- Knowledge and experience developing online courses
- Knowledge and experience adapting existing courses and putting them online
- A minimum of 3 years teaching early childhood education courses to adults at a college or in-service work related training.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an Early Childhood Education program with children, aged birth to 5 years of age
- A Master’s degree or equivalency (an undergraduate degree in a related field plus 5 years’ experience working with children aged birth to 5 years)
Length of appointment: November 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. May lead to additional work in the department.
Start Date: November 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, including photocopies of transcripts, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F076-19
Deadline: October 30, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
Distribution: Human Resources, L.F.A., Deans’ Office