Job Title: Instructor, Early Childhood Education
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time, 25% of Full-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Early Childhood Education
Description of Position:
- The successful candidate will supervise and support students in a practicum setting.
- The successful candidate will be able to teach all facets of both the Basic and the Post Basic programs.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in the areas of infant and toddler care and supporting children with extra support needs and their families.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and /or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships and be a positive and active contributor to the Early Childhood Education department, the Faculty of Social Sciences and Management, and the College.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- An appropriate Master’s degree or equivalency.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching early childhood education courses to adults at a college or in-service work related training.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in an Early Childhood Education program with children.
- Experience supporting and supervising students in their ECED practicum.
Length of appointment: April – August, 2018. May lead to additional work in the department.
Start Date: April 1, 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, including photocopies of transcripts, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F004-18
Deadline: February 21, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.