Job Title: Instructor, Criminal Justice
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Regular/Temporary: Temporary (Fall Term 2019)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Criminal Justice
Description of Position: The Criminal Justice department is seeking qualified candidates to fill a part-time temporary position for the Fall 2019 semester. There are 2 courses available to teach:
- Criminal Law (CRIM 1216) on Tuesday and Thursday from 1230-1420 (single section of 40 students)
- Criminal Law and Court Procedure (CRIM 2316) on Tuesday and Thursday from 1430-1620 (single section of 40 students)
Candidates may submit applications to teach all or some of the courses listed above.
- Canadian LLB or LLM with experience in criminal law
- Demonstrated post-secondary teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and a strong commitment to ensuring students are supported throughout their studies
- Ability and willingness to contribute in department meetings and initiatives
- Preference given to applicants who have recently taught this course at a post-secondary institution or who have graduate course work in the area
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Build and maintain positive working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to initiatives at the Criminal Justice Department, Community Programs Division, Faculty of Social Sciences & Community Programs, and the College.
Length of appointment: September 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Melissa Roberts, Department Chair of the Criminal Justice department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-323-5190.
Competition No.: F044-19
Deadline: July 10, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.