Job Title: Instructor, Biology
Full Time/Part Time: Please note that the position workload will be based on the departmental budget and operational needs.
Department/Program: Biology Department
Subject area: Biology
Description of position: The Department of Biology is seeking qualified candidates to teach introductory biology courses as well as one or more of the following upper level biology courses: Molecular Ecology, Molecular Evolution and Phylogenetics, Molecular Genetics, Genomics and Transcriptomics, and Proteomics and Metabolomics.
- PhD in Biology (preferred), MSc in Biology (minimum requirement)
- Post-secondary teaching experience in Biology preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Ability to work with culturally diverse group of students
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver instructional materials using up to date content and evidence based pedagogical principles.
- Ensure effective use of available class time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Supervise and manage students involved in applied research.
- Maintain collegial working relationships.
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Department of Biology, the Faculty of Science, and the College.
Length of appointment: *September 01 2019 to December 23, 2019, with one month preparation time. There is a possibility for renewal upon positive evaluation.
*Please note that the position workload will be based on the departmental budget and operational needs.
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructor’s salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience. Employee
Employee Group: LFA
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and a teaching philosophy statement, to email@example.com and quote the competition number F029-19 in the subject line of your email.
*Please be advised that we do not offer video conference interviews and we do not pay for travel expenses to attend interviews.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Dr. Ji Yang, Chair of the Biology Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition No.: F029-19
Deadline: June 5, 2019 at 4:30pm
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.