Job Title: Instructor, Applied Science
Full Time/Part Time: 50% fraction of Full-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Computer Science / Applied Science
Description of Position: We are currently hiring an instructor for two sections of our CPSC 1490 “Applications of Microcontrollers”. This is a design project course with (Arduino) microcontrollers, taken by freshman engineering students but of wider interest as well. Class will be held 2 days per week (Mondays/Wednesdays), in the daytime. The course description can be found at
- Minimum educational credential of a Master’s degree in Engineering.
- P.Eng licence with EGBC is strongly preferred.
- Previous teaching experience, and experience with Arduino systems, is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- A willingness to contribute to curriculum development.
Length of appointment: January 1 to April 30, 2018.
Start Date: January 1, 2018.
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date.
Competition No.: F076-17
Deadline: November 17, 2017
Please note that internal candidates are given first consideration
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.