Job Title: Instructor, Anthropology
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time (half time). Please note that the position workload will be based on the departmental budget and operational needs.
Posting Type: Concurrent
Description of Position: Two sections of Anthropology courses to be taught beginning in the Spring 2020 semester. Course emphasis is on general Cultural Anthropology, Archaeology, Biological and Forensic Anthropology, and related subjects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships.
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community.
- On as as-needed basis, participate actively in program design and review.
- Be a positive and active contributor to initiatives at the Sociology and Anthropology Department, Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College.
- PhD in Anthropology, Archaeology or related discipline (preferred); Masters degree (minimum requirement).
- Preference given to candidates with multi-disciplinary (i.e. Cultural Anthropology, Biological Anthropology and/or Archaeology) teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Familiarity with online platform such as Brightspace/D2L platform preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of students.
Length of appointment: January 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020 with one-month preparation time. There is a possibility for renewal upon positive evaluation.
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F055-19
Deadline: October 11, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
Posted on September 23, 2019
Distribution: Human Resources, L.F.A., Deans’ Office