Job Title: Instructors, Accounting/Financial Management
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: School of Management
Subject Area: Financial Management in the LSM Diploma, BBA, and PDD Programs
Description of Position:
The Langara School of Management (LSM) is recruiting Instructors for the following Accounting/Financial Management courses:
- FMGT 1115 – Financial Accounting 1 (http://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/courses/FMGT/1115.html)
- FMGT 1116 – Accounting for Managers (https://langara.ca/programs-and-courses/courses/FMGT/1116.html)
- And other introductory accounting courses if required (FMGT 4816, 1215, 2293, 4800, 2294).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the preparation and delivery of lecture material; the design, set-up, and delivery of group and individual activities; and the preparation, delivery, and grading of assignments and exams
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Langara School of Management, the Faculty of Management, and the College
- A Canadian accounting designation (CPA-CA, CPA-CGA or CPA-CMA) with membership in good standing (proof required).
- An undergraduate degree. Applicants with a relevant Master’s degree are preferred.
- 5 years of directly related professional experience working in a public accounting firm or an accounting position in the private sector.
- Candidates must have specific work experience in the subject area.
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred, ideally in the field of accounting or finance.
Length of appointment: Initially a term appointment, but may continue depending on the demand for courses.
Start Date: January 1, 2019 to April 30, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F068-18
Deadline: October 10, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.