Job Title: Instructor, Anthropology
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time (1/2 FTE)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Anthropology Department
Description of Position:
Two sections of Anthropology courses to be taught in each of the Fall and Spring terms. Course emphasis is on general Cultural Anthropology, Archaeology and/or Bioanthropology, and related subjects.
Masters degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or related discipline; multi-disciplinary (i.e., Cultural Anthropology, Bioanthropology and/or Archaeology) teaching experience and familiarity with D2L (Desire to Learn) platform preferred.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- Ensure effective use of available class and lab time, and maintain appropriate office hours to ensure availability for student consultation
- Maintain and instruct international students in Langara’s academic standards
- Maintain collegial working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Sociology and Anthropology department, the Faculty of Social Sciences & Management, and the College
Length of appointment: Fall 201730 and Spring 201810 semesters
Start Date: September 1, 2017
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F024-17
Deadline: April 28, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.