INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: Educational Technology Advisor, Willo Pilot Project and Student Response System Testing
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Educational Technology
Description of Position:
The temporary Educational Technology Advisor, Willo Pilot Project and Student Response System Testing, reports to the Chair, Educational Technology, and is responsible for managing and supporting the current Brightspace-Willo integration project through testing, adoption, and implementation. This EdTech Advisor is also responsible for investigating available student response systems and recommending a system for piloting.
Willo Pilot Project
When instructors assign publishers’ digital content, students need to buy access codes and follow a complicated registration and login process to set up accounts for publishers’ online textbooks and other resources. With Willo, students get instant access to digital learning tools from within Brightspace.
However, Langara is in the early stages of piloting Willo. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with Willo, faculty, the Bookstore and EdTech staff to continue testing Willo in select courses.
Student Response System Testing
Currently, instructors use a variety of student response systems at Langara including iClicker, Socrativ, and PollEverywhere among others. EdTech and IT have been approached to adopt another student response system, TurningPoint. However, EdTech should investigate which technology best meets the needs of both instructors and students before committing to implementing and supporting one system. The successful applicant would be responsible for comparing systems and offering a recommendation for an EdTech pilot.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- anticipate, analyze, and solve (with appropriate support and guidance from other individuals and departments) problems that occur during project development, and ensure timeline or scope is adjusted as needed
- maintain consistent and accurate status information, data, and documentation for project
- regularly report status of project
- facilitate meetings, focus groups, and other events for pilot project participants
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of post-secondary teaching experience
- exceptional organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- strong problem solving and analytical skills
- ability to collaborate effectively with individuals and teams including faculty, the Bookstore, IT, vendors, etc.
- knowledge of current educational technologies
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- ability to work independently and meet deadlines consistently
Length of appointment: As soon as possible to April 30, 2018
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F009-18
Deadline: February 27, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.