Job Title: Course Development, Applied Project
Full Time/Part Time: Part time (1/8 - .5 section) (Spring Semester)
Regular/Temporary: Temporary (course development)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Diploma in Applied Social Sciences and Humanities
Subject Area: Applied Project (DASH 2199)
Description of Position:
Reporting to the Division Chair, Social Sciences the instructor is responsible for developing course content, including incorporating applied skill development (e-portfolio), in keeping with the approved course learning outcomes and philosophy of the DASSH diploma program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop 13-week course content including e-portfolio component, as per approved course outline learning outcomes and proposed content
- Initiate inventory of possible external contacts for student led applied projects in keeping with approved DASSH program outcomes
- Establish grading rubrics for assessment of applied project components and final e-portfolio component
- E-portfolio structure and assessment is based on concepts introduced in DASH 1199 and the basis for DASH 2000
- Course must be fully ready for delivery beginning January 1, 2020
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships
- Be a positive and active contributor to student success at Langara College
- Minimum Master’s degree in a Social Sciences or Humanities discipline
- Five (5) years post-secondary teaching experience in a Social Sciences or Humanities discipline including on-line, mixed mode and classroom delivery
- Demonstrated expertise in integrating applied skills and learning into course content
- Knowledge of local network of services, various industries and contact persons preferable
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated behaviours that indicate personal commitment to innovation, teamwork, flexibility and integrity
- Demonstrated cross/inter-disciplinary understanding and knowledge about the social sciences and humanities
Length of appointment: January 1 2019 – April 30, 2019 (course development)
Start Date: January 1, 2019
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward a one-page (maximum) expression of interest and contact information, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”. Indicate interest in team or individual development and/or instruction
Competition No.: F082-18
Deadline: October 24, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.