Job Title: Counsellor
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Counselling Department
Description of Position:
The Langara College Counselling Department requires a counsellor to provide personal, educational, career, and crisis counselling on an individual and group basis to a diverse student population. The Langara Counselling Department uses a holistic approach that blends personal and educational counselling. A significant portion of this work will specifically involve providing counselling services to Indigenous and/or International students. Other responsibilities will include involvement in department and campus initiatives, consultation with internal and external services, and the development and facilitation of workshops.
- Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology or a related discipline is required.
- Knowledge of and recent experience working with common mental health concerns including depression and anxiety is required.
- Recent counselling experience in a post-secondary setting and demonstrated skills in both individual and group counselling is strongly preferred.
- Recent experience working with diverse student populations, including International students and Indigenous students is strongly preferred.
- Recent experience providing academic advising including familiarity with the university transfer system and relevant resources is desirable.
- Recent experience in developing and facilitating student-success initiatives is an asset.
Length of appointment:
This is a full-time, continuing position to start ASAP. Work will be from Monday-Friday, varied hours from 8:30 am-4:30pm.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F056-18
Deadline: July 05, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.