Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Subject Area: Health Care Aide
Description of Position:
The Coordinator, Health Care Aide position assumes responsibility for a variety of functions relative to curriculum maintenance, development, evaluation of the Health Care Assistants Certification program. The Coordinator works within the Faculty of Nursing Leadership Team to ensure the Faculty of Nursing’s Strategic Plan is congruent with Langara College’s Strategic and Academic Plans. It is also the responsibility of the Leadership Team to foster a positive work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for: the preparation and delivery of course materials; supporting student learning; and student evaluation
- Seek out and adhere to relevant procedures/ policies of Langara College and the Faculty of Nursing
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas
- Ensure effective use of available class, practice and/or lab time
- Maintain appropriate office hours for student consultation
- Build and maintain positive working relationships
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- Participate actively in program or course design and review as needed
- Be a positive and active contributor to Faculty of Nursing initiatives
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field. Applicants with a BSN may be considered with limitation.
- Three (3) years of relevant and current nursing practice experience. Five years of nursing practice preferred. Canadian experience preferred
- Demonstrated post-secondary teaching experience preferably in an academic institution
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders such as health authority representatives and employers, and post-secondary educators
- Able to independently prioritize work
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and to supporting student learning
- Ability and willingness to contribute in the Faculty of Nursing meetings and initiatives
- Able and willing to travel to assigned clinical practice sites
- Skillful in the use of computers and other AV equipment
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Current and active British Columbia College of Nurse Professionals (BCCNP) registration
- Current CPR (HCP or BLS) and N-95 certification
Length of appointment: 2 years (April 30, 2021)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F064-19
Deadline: October 11, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.