Job Title: Co-op / PDD Instructor
Full Time/Part Time: 25% - 75% of Full-Time (determined by enrollments)
Posting Type: Concurrent
Department/Program: Co-op and Career Development Centre
Description of Position:
Langara’s College Co-op and Career Development Centre team has an opening for a Co-op / PDD Instructor. Working with both domestic and international students, Co-op/PDD instructors teach pre-requisite career preparation courses (both in the classroom and on the D2L platform), monitor and evaluate student in work experiences, coach students and conduct employer development by marketing to business, government and other organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Activities will include:
1. Course preparation and delivery using established curriculum; marking course assignments; evaluating and providing feedback to students;
2. Providing one on one coaching to students;
3. Market research and development utilizing Langara’s C3 system (Symplicity CRM software)
4. Developing potential employment opportunities using expertise in industry to target employers; maintaining regular contact with employers through on-site visits and meetings; arranging various networking opportunities by phone, e-mail, and LinkedIn / social media tools.
The incumbent will strive to ensure that undergraduate or Post-Degree Diploma students are prepared to meet the needs of industry and will assist with the development of marketing and public relations initiatives and implementation of promotional activities. As a member of the Co-op & Career Development Centre team, the incumbent will also promote activities within the department to faculty and students at Langara College and will be involved in career related workshops; and the review of student resumes and work term assignments, as required. The Co-op / PDD Instructor will be working with the Department Chair, existing Co-op / PDD Instructors and support staff. Off campus work will be required in this position.
- A business related Master’s Degree is preferred or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in sales or with co-operative education/internships and/or with business clients is required. Experience in marketing and employment counselling for human resources are an asset.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with international students and new program development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; creativity and excellent problem solving skills; strong computer skills with competency in MS Word, e-mail, and the Internet.
- Be a self-starter who can organize and handle a variety of projects, deadlines, and schedules simultaneously under minimal supervision. Demonstrated behaviours that indicate personal commitment to innovation, teamwork, flexibility and integrity. Must have a valid BC driver’s license and vehicle for use on the job.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain currency and strive for excellence in instructional practices and approaches
- Maintain currency in relevant subject areas, including global and/or local trends, issues, and opportunities
- As appropriate, actively seek opportunities to integrate students and learning into organizations and/or the community
- On an as needed basis, participate actively in program design and review
- Be a positive and active contributor to the Co-op and Career Development Centre and the College
Length of appointment: September 1 – December 31, 2018 with the possibility of continuation
Start Date: August 2018 (prep month)
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”. For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Heather Workman, Department Chair, Co-op & Career Development Centre at (604) 323-5292.
Competition No.: F057-18
Deadline: July 18, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.