Job Title: Auxiliary Librarian
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time, Fraction of Full-Time
Posting Type: Concurrent
Subject Area: Reference and Instructional Services
Description of Position:
Langara Library is seeking a Librarian who is team-oriented, innovative, and has a strong commitment to customer service. Librarians work in a collegial environment to develop and implement services, policies, and collections to meet the College’s educational goals. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills. The position requires a high degree of flexibility and openness to change.
Auxiliary Librarians provide reference services in all disciplines taught at Langara College to students, faculty and staff. Reference duties include assisting users in the effective use of print and electronic information resources and providing one-to-one instruction. Other related tasks, including project work, may be required.
Hours will vary and will include evening and weekend shifts.
- A Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program
- Recent experience in reference work and instruction in an academic setting an asset
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate library research and technical concepts
- Working knowledge of print and electronic resources for a wide variety of disciplines
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Experience working with content management systems such as LibGuides an asset
- Experience with virtual reference an asset
Length of appointment: 1 Year (renewable)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: Salary placement on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F049-19
Deadline: September 3, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.