Job Title: Applied Research Centre Chair
Full Time/Part Time: 0.67 FTE
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Scholarly Activity Steering Community
Description of Position: The ARC Chair is responsible for leading and enhancing a culture of scholarship and applied research by advancing the implementation and coordination of innovation and research activities within Langara College. The ARC Chair contributes to the social and economic prosperity of the College and the Lower Mainland by facilitating connections between faculty and students with community, business and industry.
Duties and Responsibilities: The ARC Chair is responsible for fostering and facilitating research and innovation projects which support the College’s overall strategic directions and priorities. The Chair is responsible for:
- driving the innovation and research agenda by building research capacity through, for example, organizing seminars related to securing internal and external funding
- knowledge management including creating, maintaining and circulating information regarding funding opportunities aligned with faculty innovation and research interests and providing faculty with informal/formal opportunities to share their research work
- maintaining and growing existing relationships with external organizations such as NSERC, NRC-IRAP, WD, SSHRC, BCIC, CIHR, MSFHR and BCARIN
- promoting Langara’s Applied Research Centre both externally and internally
- Regular faculty member, either full - or part-time
- Demonstrated familiarity with College organization including Finance and Budgeting for external agency requirements
- Research and Innovation experience in an applied post-secondary setting is essential
- Requires experience in research proposal development & design
- Experience working in a partnership development activity particularly as it relates to academic, public and private sector partnerships
- Knowledge of research and innovation funding and grant processes and requirements
- Project Management skills
- Relationship and partnership building skills with the ability to negotiate and secure support from a variety of stakeholders – both within the College and externally
- Presentation skills with the ability to develop effective presentations to a wide variety of audiences
Length of appointment: September 01, 2018 – August 31, 2021
Start Date: September 01 2018
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”.
Competition No.: F028-18
Deadline: May 18, 2018
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.