INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: APAG Mini-Conference Liaison/Coordinator
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time – 1/4 of Full Time
Posting Type: Internal
Department/Program: Academic Plan Action Groups
Description of Position:
The successful individual will plan and implement the second annual Academic Plan Action Groups’ (APAG) Mini-Conference, acting as a liaison for the APAGs Conference Advisory committee, in close collaboration with the Educational Development Coordinator. Tasks include:
- Proposing and managing the conference budget, ensuring effective use of resources
- In consultation with the APAGs Conference Advisory committee, planning and scheduling conference workshops and events congruent with the conference theme and appropriate for faculty and instructional employees
- Securing facilitators, speakers, and appropriate facilities & rooms, and managing the logistics of food, refreshments, etc.
- In collaboration with Communications & Marketing, and the EDC, marketing and promoting the event to the College community
- Managing event registrations
- Maintaining collegial working relationships.
- Masters Degree
- Understanding of the priorities and goals of Langara’s Academic Plan
- Knowledge of the organization and culture of Langara and experience working with faculty across instructional departments
- 5 years post-secondary instructional experience
- Experience developing and implementing workshops for post-secondary faculty and instructional employees
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary committees in an academic environment
Length of appointment: to December 31 2017
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to “Apply Here”..
Competition No.: F057-17
Deadline: September 01, 2017
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.