Temporary, Part-Time (2 days per week, 14 hours)
Start Date: June 4, 2018 to March 29, 2019
Description of Position:
The work placement component of the CS Post-Degree Diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics Program (SCL Program) enables students to develop professionally, learn from experience, and contribute in actual working environments. The Supply & Logistics Work Placement Project Coordinator is instrumental in the success of the work placements for students.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the SCL Project Coordinator will be responsible for developing a roster of industry partners for student practicum placements. This responsibility includes working with existing and prospective partners in creating meaningful practicum opportunities for the students. The incumbent assists in the operation of the practicum component of the program including site visits, matching employers with students, and evaluation of the industry partners and students. This position requires incumbent to work off-site and requires someone who will be able to work independently and meet key deadlines as required.
- Engage with existing industry partners to help with student placements for future terms
- Engage with prospective companies to get them interested in become industry partners and sponsoring students in practicum opportunities
- Work with industry partners to create meaningful jobs/projects for students that are relevant to the program content
- Receive and review the practicum job description, and negotiate with employers to establish a practicum partner agreement
- Complete industry partner site visits
- Work with program manager/program coordinator to complete partner agreements
- Orient employers to ensure they fully understand the roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders involved in the practicums
- Maintain updated industry partner contact information and position details
Student Practicum Support
- With consultation with instructors and SCL Program Coordinator, match students to jobs/projects that best suit their strengths and interest
- Assist with the updating and revision of the industry partner handbook, student placement handbook and the orientation process
- Assist with the orientation and supervision of students during the on-boarding process, including having the student sign a Student & Industry Partner Work Schedule Agreement
- Maintain student records and correspondence (if necessary) including student progress reports, evaluations/grades as appropriate
- Attend scheduled meetings, PD days and orientation sessions as required
- Complete administrative responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience with working with students in placement opportunities preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with people from various cultural and language backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate well in English, orally and in writing
- Experience with working with students and practicum placements
Length of Appointment: This is a temporary appointment until March 29, 2019. The position is 2 day per week at 14 hours.
Application Information: Please quote competition CS06-18 and submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com no later than May 7, 2018.
Closing Date: May 7, 2018
Competition No: CS06-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.