Temporary, Part-Time (Multiple courses/positions)
Start Date: January to May 2018 (continuing)
Description of Position:
The hours of this Position would be
TUESDAY: 1:00-4:30 p.m., 630:-9:30p.m.
THURSDAY: 8:30 – 12:00 p.m., 1:00-4:30p.m., 630:-9:30p.m.
FRIDAY: 8:30 – 12:00 p.m., 630:-9:30p.m.
*The 6:30-9:30 after class tutorial sessions could possibly be moved to other days upon further discussion.
As an Access Aid in the Registered Massage Therapy Program, you are an RMT in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia with a minimum of 2500 hours of clinical experience.
Your role is to support a student with a disability as their primary access aid during and after classes. You are expected to help deliver and explain the subject content in a manner that engages, stimulates and fosters student learning. The Courses you would be providing assistance with this semester are: Anatomy and Physiology 1, Musculo Skeletal Anatomy and Kinesiology and Musculo Skeletal Anatomy and Kinesiology Tutorial.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the RMT program Access Aid is responsible for assisting in the course delivery as set out in the RMT curriculum. This responsibility includes assisting to facilitate the achievement of the course learning outcomes. The incumbent assists in duties that support the operation of the program and contributes positively to the program by demonstrating commitment, cooperation, flexibility and professional and appropriate behaviour.
- Course preparation and delivery
- review and be familiar with the course material including learning outcomes, core competencies before each class
- be available during student break times for student question regarding class content
- meet with the instructor before each class to determine where they feel you can best support the student
- demonstrate effective time management skills
- be familiar with a variety of activities to consolidate learning in order to engage the student
- help create an environment conducive to purposeful learning and positive interaction
- Administrative responsibilities
- attend scheduled meetings, PD days and orientation sessions
- complete any administrative responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Registered Massage Therapist in good standing with the CMTBC with 2500 hours of clinical experience (mandatory)
- Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in health related discipline (desired)
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR C level C
Skills and Abilities:
- perform all duties in accordance with the policies of Langara College and the terms and conditions of the contract
- set and model a high standard of professional behaviour and appropriate appearance
- establish and maintain effective relationships with administrators, peers, support staff, students and the community at large
- remain current with relevant developments in the practice and professional development of massage therapy
- maintain current certification in first aid and CPR level C
- attend scheduled instructor and professional development meetings
- perform other related duties as required
Length of Appointment: This is a temporary position beginning in January 2018 and extending through to May 2018, with continuation and possible additional courses moving forward through the entire program.
Application Information: Please quote competition and the subject area of interest and submit your cover letter and résumé to the attention of Petra Suzuki, Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Until-Filled
Competition No: CS011-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.